How To Supply To
Welcome to The Supply Chain Growth Centre, you will find us located on the first floor of of Trinity Enterprise Centre Barrow in Furness LA145PQ in Unit 4 We are co-located next to Cumbria Growth Hub’s office in Unit 1.
The supply chain and economic development operations of FEDF are a unique facility which DCLG Coastal Communities Fund is helping to finance as a means of assisting companies in capturing more of the spend that occurs both in coastal Cumbria and nationwide , helping businesses to create jobs.
Here you will find essential information on how to start the process of being able to access the supply chains of organisations which are manufacturing for global and national markets or undertaking new developments primarily in or off the coast of South West Cumbria or major national projects.
The Supply Chain Growth Team working with the Growth Hub can help you benchmark your supply chain activity or introduce you to potential collaborative partners. It can also explain who is involved in taking procurement decisions and may be able to introduce you to key contacts.
We will help you to address barriers to supply chain entry. Research suggests the most common being:
- Lack of awareness of procurement opportunities, procurement policies and processes understanding market power issues (where incumbent supplier firms are better placed to bid for and retain work)
- A lack of access to, and information about opportunities – SMEs may be unaware of how to access tenders and other opportunities to supply, or have lack of appropriate contacts
- Lack of confidence and inability to respond to tenders combined with issues over whether SMEs are “fit to supply” e.g. whether they have the necessary management systems, environmental, quality and equality policies and systems in place
- Lack of confidence in the procurement process – unwillingness on the part of SMEs to commit valuable time and resources in responding to tenders they believe they have no chance of winning
- The solutions being offered in partnership with Cumbria Growth Hub include:
- Capacity building support to help SMEs become fit to supply and fit to win
- Customised Pre-Meet the Buyer Event Support
- Meet the Buyers events to source and broker contract opportunities
- Buyer engagement activities working with buyer organisations from the private and public sector across all industry sectors
- Networking and involvement of other support services access such as Fit for Nuclear
In the Growth Hub’s knowledge bank under the heading of supply chain
http://www.cumbriagrowthhub.co.uk/knowledge-centre/supply-chain-development you can discover potential for sme’s. This complements our offering.
We provide a gateway called “Opening doors to major projects” iwhich is is a starting point for de-mystifying who is undertaking investment and what their pre-qualification requirements are.
The main actions that we are concentrating on are a response to clear well researched demand expressed by companies.
- Capturing South West Cumbria and North Lancashire business capability and capacity and core capabilities then mapping them against major project requirements.
- Communicating project pipeline and work package news and information to potential suppliers to give them more certainty about what will happen when who is involved and how projects will be packaged.
- Matching suppliers with major project developers and Tier 1 contractor work package requirements.
- steering the FEDF area’s developing supply chain response to Site Operations and Industrial Partners
- Brokering relevant business support in partnership with Cumbria Growth Hub to help suppliers meet quality and safety standards or achieve required performance and export levels.
We also facilitate access to additional resources offered through a direct link to Cumbria Growth Hub portal http://www.cumbriagrowthhub.co.uk/knowledge-centre/supply-chain-de which is aimed at providing small medium sized companies with useful web based advice on how to enter or operate in supply chains.
- Register your interest and update your supplier profile with us
- Keep up to date on the latest information on major projects in coastal Cumbria, the work packages and awarded Tier 1 contracts.
- See our “opening doors to major projects guide for work package news. See our twitter newsfeed here.
- Source business support from the FEDF Cumbria Growth Hub, UKTI and NAMARC organisations ready to help you build your capacity and capability to respond to supplier opportunities including help to secure capital investment grants or meet the quality and safety standards required.
Developers and Major Contractors Can
- Develop your supply chain using the FEDF Supply Chain Team bespoke supplier matching service or the soon to be available online search facility for up to date data on local supply chain capability.
- Work with FEDF Supply Chain Team to leverage relevant supply chain capability and supplier development programs to meet specific work package requirements where a local solution is of value.
- Request support from the FEDF Supply Chain Team to organise, promote and host work package information and meet the specifier or buyer events.
Email a request for support to firstname.lastname@example.org
FEDF Supply Chain Team are also keen to encourage businesses located outside the South West Cumbria coastal area, to partner local companies in North Lancashire and South West Cumbria or for them to move into the area and build collaborative supplier partnerships which fill supply chain gaps and lead to new jobs.
Our initial focus is non helping you to understand the intricacies of engaging with…
Supply to BAe Systems Submarines
Supply to BAe Systems Site Infrastructure
Supply to Centrica Energy
Supply to Dong Energy
Supply to GlaxoSmithKline
Supply to National Grid
Supply to Network Rail
Supply to NHS
Supply to Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
Supply to Nugen, Moorside
Supply to Cumbrian Local Authorities (The Chest)
CIPS Furness Cumbria Supply Chain Network
For specialist 1-to-1 one advice call 01229314039
You can find out more about by contacting email@example.com tel: 01229 314100.You can also visit us at The Supply Chain Growth Centre, Unit 4, Trinity Enterprise Centre, Barrow in Furness, LA14 2PN