THE SUPPLY CHAIN STRENGTHENING PROGRAMME
The new SW Cumbria supply chain programme is based in and can be accessed at The Supply Chain Growth CentreTM on the first floor of Trinity Enterprise Centre,Ironworks Road, Barrow and at a satellite office in Millom Network Centre.
Primarily financed through a Coastal Communities Fund grant from the Department for Communities and Local Government this supply chain strengthening programme aims to
- Help established, new and incoming businesses especially small and medium sized companies, engage more effectively within supply chains of larger companies ;
- Assist firms to capture much more of the £20bn-40bn spend that is planned to take place over the next few years.
An initial target is to help secure between £30m- £60m of contracts that might otherwise go outside the coastal area and to help businesses explore new supply chain markets beyond the coastal SW Cumbria area.
Businesses located within an area extending across the whole of the Furness and Cartmel peninsulas and to the north of Millom, or eastwards as far as Witherslack/Lindal in Cartmel are able to tap into the programme.
- Helps small and medium sized companies (smes) to capture more spend from supply chain activity associated with major manufacturing and construction or business to business service growth
- Enables smes to overcome barriers to supply chain entry
- Builds their capacity to bid for, win and retain new supply chain business
- Informs local residents of all ages about emerging career paths training potential and jobs.
- Offers subsidies to smes to persuade them to take on new apprentices provided the companies are operating in supply chains.
The projected outcomes of the programme include a more resilient sme business base operating efficiently in supply chains whether these be local, national, or international. They also seek to create sustainable jobs for local people.
The targeted outputs by the start of 2018 are to:
- capture £30-60m of supply chain spend
- assist up to 300 businesses
- help those businesses create 250 new jobs and facilitate creation of 50 new apprenticeships
A small team delivers the programme from The Supply Chain Growth CentreTM, Trinity Enterprise Centre in Barrow and from Millom’s Network Centre, the later on a part time basis.
The Supply Chain Growth support team’s commitment is to deliver One-to-One support or assistance to groups of businesses which wish to gain a share of emerging work and contracts and to develop a really active “SME” supplier base capable of supporting prime contractors Tier 1, 2 company supply chain requirements.The team comprises:
Stuart Klosinski – Programme and Project Manager
E: email@example.com / Tel: 07836254721
You can call in and discuss your supply chain needs with any of the team between 08.30 and 5.00pm Monday to Friday at Unit 4 Trinity Enterprise Centre, Barrow in Furness LA14. Alternatively we will visit your site to discuss your supply chain growth needs.