Sites for Suppliers
FEDF helps companie swith expansion plans to find their growth loations.
its team facilitates delivery of an overview of what is on offer then helps companies evaluate options before enabling them to pinpoint a preferred solution option to optimise growth plans.
FEDF produces a regular guide to all significant available industrial units, office space and industrial land.It Is called “Sites for Suppliers” which you can access here click here
There are some really outstanding, sites for suppliers available across SW Cumbria’s coastal Assisted Area suitable for new, growing or incoming companies.
Land prices in Furness are for the most part modest.
Fully serviced industrial land typically costs £75,000 to £110,000 per acre.
Industrial rents can vary from £3.50 ft2 to around £5.50 ft2.
Office rents can vary from 5 ft2. to nearly £13ft2.
Listed below is an overview of the main business park locations in Furness.
The three most important strategic locations in Furness are:
- Waterfront Business Park and Port of Barrow;
- Rampside Energy Opportunities Area;
- GSK Ulverston;
Business Parks in Furness
The principal sites are as follows::
- Waterfront Business Park and the Port of Barrow;
- Furness Business Park (where FEDF is also based);
- Haws View Business Park,Park Road;
- Rampside Road “Energy Park” a 204 hecare area identified for new energy generation projects;
- Sandscale Business Park, and heliport , Park Road;
- Sowerby Woods Business Park,Park Road.
- Low Mill Business Park;
- Beehive Business Park, Lightburn Road being developed by Rawdon Properties;
- North Lonsdale Road Industrial Estate;
- GSK Ulverston, pictured below, where a strategic development study is underway to identify development mix for the site;
Dalton and LIndal-in-Furness
- Long Lane Business Park;
- Crooklands Industrial Estate;
- Lindal Moor (Pictured below)
- London Road, Lindal Business Park
Within the coastal and inland villages such as Askam, Greenodd, Lindal In Furness there is also a small selection of business premises available with a choice of competitive rents or to buy.
The new Harding Rise Managed Centre, under construction, by Thomas Armstrong Ltd offers a 1,408m2 managed facility with 28 office suites on the Waterfront Business Park,Barrow Island. It is being built for Barrow Borough Council using ERDF resources,
Phoenix Business Centre and Trinity Enterprise Centre, are two long-established managed business centres located on Furness Business Park, Barrow.
College House at Howard Street off Duke Street is another managed business space it’s operator has recently opened a 4,000ft2 extension.Victoria House offers another facility at Rawlinson Street, Barrow
Marl Business Park’s, Marl Hub in Morecambe Road, Ulverston, Ulverston Business Centre in the town centre of Ulverston and Haverthwaite’s Clock Tower Business Centre (pictured below) provide rural versions of managed business centres.
Recent examples of how we have assisted businesses with property development are shown below.
Alan Webb Ltd received support to source 3,000ft2 of office space at Craven House, Barrow to service defence contracts. We helped a local entrepreneur to source a new HQ for its expanding recycling operations. In 2016 we worked with firms like CBRE to help it dispose of industrial sites and enabled a local manufacturer to evaluate a range of site options across south Cumbria for its next phase of growth.
By working with local architects and developers and a range of property owners FEDF help businesses to pinpoint the best locations for their growth needs.Examples of our assistance offer include:
- identification of a selection of site and/or premises options;
- Reasonable comprehensive map/aerial photographic coverage;
- Detailed knowledge of the property market;
- Network of contacts with local and national property groups;
- Contacts in planning departments of local authorities;
- arrange tours of key locations for you,
- options appraisals and
- facilitate introductions to land and property owners.
The image below shows the cluster of operation and maintenance bases on ABP land at the port of Barrow.
We can also introduce you to suppliers able to support your build or conversion works, including sarchitects, engineers, utility providers, developers, estate and property agents and landlords which can then help you deliver your preferred site or premises solution.