Sites for Suppliers
FEDF produces a guide to available industrial units office space and industrial land.It Is called “Sites for Suppliers” which you can access here click here
There are some really outstanding, sites for suppliers available across SW Cumbria’s coastal Assisted Area suitable for new, growing or incoming companies.
Land prices in Furness are for the most part modest.
Fully serviced industrial land typically costs £75,000 to £110,000 per acre.
Industrial rents can vary from £3.50 ft2 to around £5.50 ft2.
Office rents can vary from 5 ft2. to nearly £13ft2.
Business Parks in Furness
The principal sites are as follows::
- Waterfront Business Park and the Port of Barrow;
- Furness Business Park(where FEDF is also based);
- Haws View Business Park,Park Road;
- Rampside Road “Energy Park”;
- Sandscale Business Park, Park Road
- Sowerby Woods Business Park,Park Road
- Low Mill Business Park;
- Beehive Business Park, Lightburn Road being developed by Rawdon Properties;
- North Lonsdale Road Industrial Estate;
- GSK Ulverston, pictured below
- Long Lane Business Park;
- Crooklands Industrial Estate;
Within the coastal and inland villages such as Askam, Greenodd, Lindal In Furness there is also a small selection of business premises available with a choice of competitive rents or to buy.
Managed office space is on offer at Phoenix Business Centre and in Trinity Enterprise Centre, both being sited on Furness Business Park, Barrow.
There is a new scheme being developed for a 1,408m2 managed business centre at the Waterfront Barrow which will be locate on the east side of Harding Rise, Barrow
Marl Business Park’s, Marl Hub in Morecambe Road, Ulverston, Ulverston Business Centre in the town centre of Ulverston and Haverthwaite’s Clock Tower Business Centre (pictured below) provide rural versions of managed business centres .
FEDF aims to provide an overview of what is on offer and to help companies pinpoint the best option to accommodate future growth plans.We will facilitate site finding and development options.
Recent examples of how we have assisted businesses with property development are shown below.
Alan Webb Ltd received support to source 3,000ft2 of office space at Craven House, Barrow to service defence contracts. We helped a local entrepreneur to source a new HQ for its expanding recycling operations. In 2016 we worked with firms like CBRE to help it dispose of industrial sites and enabled a local manufacturer to evaluate a range of site options across south Cumbria for its next phase of growth.
By working with local architects and developers and a range of property owners FEDF help businesses to pinpoint the best locations for their growth needs.Examples of our assistance offer include:
- identification of a selection of site and/or premises options;
- Reasonable comprehensive map/aerial photographic coverage;
- Detailed knowledge of the property market;
- Network of contacts with local and national property groups;
- Contacts in planning departments of local authorities;
- arrange tours of key locations for you,
- options appraisals and
- facilitate introductions to land and property owners.
The image below shows the cluster of operation and maintenance bases on ABP land at the port of Barrow.
We can also introduce you to suppliers able to support your build or conversion works, including sarchitects, engineers, utility providers, developers, estate and property agents and landlords which can then help you deliver your preferred site or premises solution.